Cowgirls Against Cancer is a Colorado Springs grassroots effort, comprised of a 100% volunteer committee that has raised over $700,000 since 2008 to help people in the Pikes Peak region suffering with the devastating disease of breast cancer. Funds raised stay in our community and go directly to support patient needs that are not covered by insurance.
Cowgirls Against Cancer is able to make a direct impact on our community by providing funds to:
- Penrose-St. Francis Health Foundation
- Evans Army Hospital at Fort Carson
- Peak Vista Community Health Centers
- Project Angel Heart
Patients undergoing treatment receive help with items such as:
- Wig vouchers that suit the individual style and need of the recipient.
- Home-delivered meals prepared based on the individual patient's nutritional needs.
- Mammograms for individuals not covered by insurance or who do not meet standard requirements.
- Help with items such as gas cards to get to and from treatment, lymphedema and post surgical camisoles not covered by insurance, and much more....
We are under the umbrella of the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo Foundation, and accredited 501(c)3.
COWGIRLS AGAINST CANCER RAISES FUNDS TO SUPPORT THOSE IN THE PIKES PEAK REGION DIRECTLY AFFECTED BY BREAST CANCER BY PROVIDING GRANTS TO LOCAL SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS. OUR GOAL IS TO HELP THOSE IN NEED FEEL HOPEFUL, STRONG AND IN CONTROL.